Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Thursday, April 08, 2004

International House of Lies
A little while ago while in the lovely state of North Carolina, my father and I decided to get a bite to eat at IHOP. As we pulled the car into our parking space I noticed a big sign in the window that said "Introducing- Stuffed French Toast!". I raised my eyebrow. Sounds tempting. We were led to the table by a hostess wearing a pin promoting the stuffed french toast. Our waitress came over to take our drink order and she was wearing the same pin. I then opened the menu and inside was, you guessed it, and advertisement for the stuffed french toast. I started to get excited about this international delicacy. The waitress came over to take our order and this is what happened (I'm not lying): I said "I'll have the stuffed french toast, please." she said "Um. yeah we don't have that." I blinked in disbelief at her and said "But what about all of the signs and pins?" She said (no shit) "We're trying to generate excitement." In my haze of shock and disappointment I said "I guess I'll take the crepes then." The waitress said "Hold on a second." and disappeared into the kitchen. She came back and said "We don't have them either." Completely defeated I ordered the chocolate chip pancakes (which they actually had). I never thought the day would come where I would consider chocolate chip pancakes settling.

posted by Torrie at Thursday, April 08, 2004 |

0 Comments:

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com