Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dear Mother Nature,
Call me crazy, but when I was growing up we had this season called "Spring".
It wasn't too cold, it wasn't too hot. It was lovely.
What have you done with spring?
A couple of days ago I was wearing a scarf and my winter coat. Today it is 80 degrees and tomorrow it's going to be 85 degrees.
Where is the happy medium? 70's during the day, 50's at night?
Are we being punished because George Bush is president?
oh, and another thing....
This whole "biological clock" thing is not funny.
It's like I'm an addict and my drug of choice is babies.
The other night I brought some banana bread to the woman down the hall who just had a baby. The baby was in his bassinet all cute and bundled up. It actually hurt to look at him.
When I got back to the apartment I was literally twitching. My husband was like "What the hell is wrong with you?"
Listen Mother Nature, we can't afford to have a baby right now. So, stop kicking me in the ovaries, will ya?

Sincerely,

Torrie

P.S. Thanks for making the trees and flowers bloom. I really appreciate it.

posted by Torrie at Tuesday, April 19, 2005 |

8 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Southern Fried Girl:


I hear you on the ovaries kicking. Mine do every day of my life. It is cruel.

Having one of the worst days at my job that I have ever had. I hope that it gets better for my sanity's sake.


2:51 PM 
Commented by Blogger Torrie:


Me too SFG.


2:55 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


It seems like spring and fall lasted forever when I was a kid. But then, so did a 1/2 hour time out. I guess it's all relative!


6:48 PM 
Commented by Blogger Snickrsnack Katie:


I definitely feel the biological clock ticking, too. When I am holding my niece, I just don't want to let go of her! Until she craps her pants and starts screaming, that is. In all seriousness, though, I really do want a baby, and I would take all the crappy diapers in the world to have one. I know my day will come, of course. I just wish it was sooner than later!

I think Ern is right. Remember when we were kids and the summer seemed SO long - so long that by the end of the summer we actually wanted to go back to school? No summer vacation could ever feel long enough for me to want to go back to work.


9:27 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Jessicarabbit:


It cant make up its mind here, one day its 70 and then its 30 and then 70 again. But then this last summer it was 50 in august! Pfffft.


And I have the tick tick too when I am with my nieces, but I cant have anymore, thats why we have instituted the "Catch and release" program here at our house. Works well for me, since I am the only girl here. Need that princess time and there are 4 of them for me to spoil. Good thing too or I would be in trouble....


3:14 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I was having the tick, tick, tick thing going on about a year and a half ago. I'm over it now.
Ern is right. When your a kid, time goes so slow. As an adult, theres just not enough. Seasons go by way too quickly.

lawbrat


3:52 PM 
Commented by Blogger Britt:


Dear torrie,

You are awesome. I just thought I should tell you that. And the fact that when you have babies someone's going to smack you in the face for being jealous of your Awesome Mom powers.
No, you don't know me and I don't know you. I went blog surfing.
-Britt


5:11 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candace:


Rarely can anyone truly afford to have a baby at any given time. If you can provide the basics (food, shelter, clothing) and lots and lots of love and attention, you've got all you need.


5:12 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com