Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Herniated disk it is!

I had an MRI last night. I told them I couldn't take this shit any more and that I wasn't waiting until Thursday for a fucking MRI. The pain is making me very angry. Grrrr.

The doctor called me today and told me that is was, in fact, a herniated disk and that it was very inflamed and I was impinging my nerves. YAY!
I am going to have a procedure on Thursday where they inject steroids into my spine. I'm really quite thrilled about it.
I hope is works, because I have my friend's wedding on the 27th. I am the maid of honor AND I have to make the wedding cake.

God help me if I don't feel better by then.

posted by Torrie at Tuesday, May 17, 2005 |

8 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


Never thought I would say this but WOOOO HOOOOO FOR THE HERNIATED DISC. I am glad you finally have a diagnosis. That is half the battle, ya know? The injections should help and you will enjoy the wedding and the yummy cake. :)

PS - as a pastry chef, how do you not weight like 800 lbs? I would be a house.


4:23 PM 
Commented by Blogger Closet Metro:


Good luck with the doc and the injections and all. I'm doing stretching exercises three times a day to try to keep my discs from moving out of their spots.


9:37 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


Oh lady im sorry, but I am glad to hear they know whats wrong and can fix you. I hope it gets better really really fast!


1:07 AM 
Commented by Blogger Julie:


I had this done recently (the shots, not the disc) and I highly recommend having them fully knock you out for the procedure. I took the local anesthetic option, and spent the whole procedure being horrified by the "talk through" the intern got..."as you hit the bone, you'll feel that it's spongy, so just turn the needle, and then twist a little more" and so on. I'm not easily grossed out, but considering there were needles in my spine (!!) I was a bit unhappy.

Um..good luck!


2:50 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I'm sure the procedure will make things so much better. I've never had a herniated disc, but it sound painful, and what I've read here, your going through hell. Big Hugs to you sweetie!


8:29 AM 
Commented by Blogger Cindy:


Good luck to you! I hope all goes well and that you'll be feeling great in a short time.

Make sure to get some extra canine and feline lovin' in to help you through the time leading up to the procedure - it will help you!

Good luck!!!


11:26 AM 
Commented by Blogger Charlotte in Pa:


De-lurking to tell you that just about anything they do at this point will make you feel better. I had a disc rupture in my back.. pinching nerves, etc. It hurt SO BAD (as I'm sure you know). The instant my surgery was done, I was completely better. (As in.. walking around totally pain free within 2 days) So take heart - good times are coming!


5:31 PM 
Commented by Blogger Torrie:


Thanks for all of the support guys.

;)


12:00 AM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com