Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'll show you mine....

So, I had a great week. I am completely exhausted from running around and trying to be a great Maid of Honor and making the cake. I have several stories to tell. I thought this one would be a good start.

On Thursday night at the rehearsal dinner the bride's nine year old brother (Maxwell) and 8 year old niece (Tara) sat in between the husband and I. They were both very cute. We overheard this exchange:
Maxwell- "You're a boy"
Tara- "No I'm not, I'm a girl"
Maxwell- "No, you're a boy"
Tara- "NO, I'm a GIRL"
Maxwell- "Nope, you're a boy"
Tara (looking very perplexed)- "Well, then how come I have a flower DOWN THERE?"
Maxwell- Blink. Blink.
Maxwell- "Well I don't know, but you're a boy"
Tara (lifting up dress)- "But, I have a flower, I have a FLOWER!"

Kids are great. You just can't write comedy like that.

posted by Torrie at Tuesday, May 31, 2005 |

10 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Caroline:


I HAVE A FLOWER!

God, I actually giggled out loud. I miss being around little kids.

Unless I have to take care of them, that's a different story.

But corrupting them, I LOVE that.


3:00 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


The best was when I was teaching and one of the kids had a new baby brother that the mom brought in for the kids to meet and so Ryan could be Mr. Popular Big Brother for the day. Anyway, that's when Brandon told me he knew where babies come from. "Oh so where do babies coem from?" I asked. For those who aren't in the know as 3 year old Brandon, all babies come from Virginia.

That one went into our newsletter.


3:14 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katie:


That is hysterical. I love that she calls it a flower. Kids are absolutely amazing in the things that they come up with.


4:09 PM 
Commented by Blogger Joseph:


PEE-ricelous! that's some funny stuff there. You're the flower I'm the bee...buzzzzzzzzz!


4:53 PM 
Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


That almost beats my two cousins taking a bath together when they were just wee tots. My cousin Carrie kept pointing to her brother's nether region and crying. Her mom was like just trying to get the bath over with so she did not ask immediately what the problem was. Finally she goes "What's wrong?" Carrie, completely horrified, goes "Mom, why did Dennis's private fwow (that's throw to adults) up?" Apparently she thought he used to have what she had and his wee wee just tossed its cookies and that was the end result. We tease her about it to this day.


7:47 PM 
Commented by Blogger Amy:


Hah! I love her insistence about the flower. I gotta try that one day.

I heard a girl yell to her mother, after her brother had been bugging her on the playground,
"Mo-OM! Justin just kicked me in the CLAM!"


11:36 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


i was lucky in having two boys, naked time when they were little was just time to try to gross out the other, fart bubbles in the tub water and all that, no confusion on parts, but my niece does love to annouce that she will one day have boobs bigger then mine, and need all the bras in target...


12:54 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


That is fantastic. I'm glad for 2 boys too. So much easier than one of each, or girls. I'm sure girls are fantastic, but I'd be in a straight jacket time they were 16.


8:21 AM 
Commented by Blogger Spurious Nurse:


We've got flowers down there? Why haven't I noticed this before!?!?!?!


10:51 AM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


I don't think I have a flower anymore.
I know I was drunk at the time, but I'm pretty sure I was deflowered long, long ago.


2:32 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com