Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Self Portrait Day- Things that annoy me

The other day I was at physical therapy and there was this lovely girl that I was chatting with. At the end of her session she turned to me and told me she wasn't feeling well. She said she was dizzy and shakey. I asked her what she had eaten that day and she said "a bowl of cereal and some coffee". I asked "have you had any water today?" She said "no". "You're probably just dehydrated then" I said.
I asked her if she wanted me to get her a cup of water and she said that she wanted to wait and see what the physical therapist said. Like drinking a cup of water would have been a BAD IDEA at this point?!
Any way, my point is, it amazes me how seemingly intelligent people can go for hours and hours without drinking any water. They drink coffee, soda, alcohol, and consider them "liquids" and can't understand why they don't feel well.
Drink some fucking water people. AND, if you wait until you are thirsty, then you are already dehydrated.
I don't leave my apartment without water. Make fun of me all you want for carrying a water bottle with me everywhere. I might be a cranky bitch, but at least I'm not a thirsty bitch.


Drink some fucking water! Posted by Hello

posted by Torrie at Thursday, May 05, 2005 |

11 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


I am so guilty of not drinking enough water. If I could mainline diet Coke directly into my veins, I would. I know I feel so much better when I am drinking water, so note to self - PUT DOWN THE DIET COKE AND BACK AWAY. :)


12:23 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katie:


You are SO, SO right, Torrie. I wish I had listened to that advice a long time ago, because my Pepsi drinking is probably what led to kidney stones. I drink nothing but water and the occasional lemonade now. Also, iced tea is not good for you either. PEOPLE! DRINK MORE WATER. Forget Got Milk. Get Water!


2:59 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katie:


TAG YOU'RE IT!

POETRY TAG. YOU'RE IT.
Here's the tag thing: 4 lines, the first and third are "Turd in a punch bowl;" the second and fourth must rhyme, and can be on any topic. Not SO bad, as tags go. Pass along to 3 unsuspecting punch drinkers.

Check out my blog to see my turd poetry.


4:33 PM 
Commented by Blogger Strizz:


Your hilarious!! I admit, I don't drink water, like ever.


4:57 PM 
Commented by Blogger Joseph:


I always have water with me too. TWINS!!!!

it is amazing though, something so fundamentally basic. who'd a thunk it?


6:18 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


When I started losing weight I switched to water all the time, I am so hooked, I prolly drink like 5 bottles a day, I take it with me everywhere, I have it next to me when I sleep, I cant imagine being anyplace without it. You are so right.


8:50 PM 
Commented by Blogger Torrie:


Damn you and your tag Katie! ;)

Greenie, I'm starting to think we were seperated at birth.

Always carry water- Check
Call your dog pooper- Check
Love to garden- Check
Love our handsome men- Check
Think Johnny Depp is gay -Check
Worship Jessica Rabbit's boobs- Che....
Oh no, wait that last one is just me.


11:11 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I drink tons of water too. Always have a bottle with me, and freak out if I'm leaving the house and cant find a bottle, because that means I have to stop at the store. In my school bags, bottles of water. I re-use the bottles often-after cleaning them of course. I can always tell, if I dont have water within an hour or two of waking up, I feel like shit. Drink a glass, its all good.

I also cant stand it when people say they drink enough liquids....Hello, McFly...caffinated liquid DEhydrates you. Your worse off for drinking those.


9:08 AM 
Commented by Blogger Spurious Nurse:


For some reason the picture of you with "Drink some fucking water!" underneath cracked me up.

I hear what you're saying. But I'm still gonna get a Diet Coke with lunch.


11:09 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


and it's good for your skin! thirty years from now when they all look like wrinkled up prunes and your skin looks gorgeous, they'll be sooooooo jealous!!


3:54 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


water is good for headaches. its always my first line of defense.

also? your view? AWESOME. i'm jealous!


7:16 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com