Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Friday, July 08, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday


Favorite framed picture:

I love this frame. These are all pictures from our honeymoon.

Magazine subscriptions:

Well, internet, today is the day that you find out about my addiction.
I LOVE MAGAZINES.
These are our current subscriptions, minus one that I was too embarrassed to admit I have a subscription to.
Most of these subscriptions were either a present or free, because I used some of my airline miles.
Don't get me wrong, I love books, but when my life is insane and I'm stressed out, sometimes it's easier for me to focus on a magazine.
In addition to all of these magazines I also purchase on a regular basis:
US Weekly, VEG News, Vegetarian Times, Real Simple, and I few others I'm forgetting.

Household Pet Peeve:

Tumbleweed.
We would have to vacuum every day to control the hair from four animals and two humans.
Since I'm not allowed to vacuum right now (maybe this back pain doesn't suck after all), the vacuuming only gets done once a week (on the weekend) by the husband.
I feel like we are constantly fighting a battle against the hair.
The hair is winning.


On another note:
I received my awesome present from the Great Blog Exchange from Jamie, who has the nicest handwriting I've ever seen.
Thanks Jamie! :)
Also, I STILL haven't mailed out my gift (even though the deadline was June 30th).
So, if you are missing your blog exchange gift, it was probably supposed to be from me.
I also have gifts for Kristine and Nilbo that I've been meaning to send.
I really need to go to the post office.

posted by Torrie at Friday, July 08, 2005 |

13 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


Don't stress out. My t-shirt can wait...unless you put some brownies in there too...If so, GET UP!

;) kidding.

I replied to your comment about the lil' Dexter dog. Her name is "Bella" but I call her little Dexter.

All dogs that look like Dexter...are now Dexter dogs!


12:56 PM 
Commented by Blogger Jamie:


I'm so glad you liked it! I consider your gift a triumph of willpower for me- I saw it, but had to wait until it went on sale for it to be under the budget limit! I think it was the first time I have EVER done that.

P.S. I'm with 'ya on the hair. Casa de Jamie is definitely in the same, hairy boat.


2:06 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


Oh, the downside to goldens! My parent's vacuum broke awhile back for like 3 weeks, and one day I called my mom and she was on her hands and knees using rubber gloves to get the hair off the carpet. The whole living room and dining room she cleaned by hand. (Rubber kitchen gloves work great for getting the hair off furniture...just not usually used for such a large area as carpet!)


2:08 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Oooh, "Orgasms in Style"!! Sounds interesting! (The one right below Harvard - that's what it says, right?) ;)

Love the picture frame. Relate to the tumbleweed.


2:23 PM 
Commented by Blogger Renee:


Love the photo collage.

That is alot of animal/human hair!lol


2:50 PM 
Commented by Blogger Book Bums:


I'm intrigued...which magazine are you hiding from us?


3:06 PM 
Commented by Blogger Nilbo:


That's silly, Kalki. Nobody can have an Orgasm in Style. I mean, the funny face alone ruins the effect.

We also have an ongoing battle with the hairball that ate Cincinatti. We hope it will synthesize itself into another animal - right now it's the size of a hamster, but we're holding out for a Dexter dog.

And of course, I haven't sent out your gift yet. So don't feel any guilt, or I'll have to. Better yet, we should BOTH go to the post office. monday, for sure.


3:10 PM 
Commented by Blogger Squirl:


I can understand that sometimes it's easier to concentrate on a magazine than a book. Looking at that hair/fur picture makes me glad for a minute that Ichabod is allergic to animals. We have hardwood floors and they show everything.


3:34 PM 
Commented by Blogger Riikka:


I totally understand the problem with the dog hair. I'm Riikka from Finland and I have a dog which has a long fur plus a lot of that "undercoat". My dog is called Jekku (=Trick) and his breed is Finnish Lapphund. Originally Finnish Lapphund is a herder and watch dog used in work of keeping reindeer. Today also popular as a companion dog.

I wonder when your dog has it's shedding? My dog has his quite late - he only started it a couple of days ago. Maybe it's because he comes from Finnish Lapland and there the summer is so short.


5:04 PM 
Commented by Blogger Torrie:


My dog sheds ALL THE TIME!


5:22 PM 
Commented by Blogger c:


Crap! A hairball ate Cincinnati and I didn't even know! And I live here!

I totally relate to the hairballs. Mikey sheds like a mutha, and I pick up hairballs (not ingested first) all day long.


6:32 PM 
Commented by Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic:


your blog and writing style rocks


11:57 PM 
Commented by Blogger Susie:


What? Oh, I'm so glad orgasms are in style. (?)

I love your powerful tumbleweeds; they make me laugh. I don't know why.


2:19 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com