Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Taking the laziness to a new level

I am in pain, and busy, and bored, and I have writers' block. So, in an effort to keep you entertained, I am re-posting two of my old posts and a picture of my dad's 111 lb. dog.

Enjoy.

Nemember?
Last night while lying in bed I told my husband about this piece I had seen that morning on the Today Show . It was about a new book that had been written about improving one's memory.
"What's the name of it?" asked my husband.
My response? "I don't remember."
His response? "Well, then what was the author's name?"
Again, I answer "I don't remember."
After laughing hysterically for about five minutes we realized: You just can't write comedy as good as that. Life is funny.

International House of Lies
A little while ago while in the lovely state of North Carolina, my father and I decided to get a bite to eat at IHOP. As we pulled the car into our parking space I noticed a big sign in the window that said "Introducing- Stuffed French Toast!". I raised my eyebrow. Sounds tempting. We were led to the table by a hostess wearing a pin promoting the stuffed French toast. Our waitress came over to take our drink order and she was wearing the same pin. I then opened the menu and inside was, you guessed it, and advertisement for the stuffed French toast. I started to get excited about this international delicacy. The waitress came over to take our order and this is what happened (I'm not lying):
I said "I'll have the stuffed French toast, please." she said "Um. Yeah we don't have that." I blinked in disbelief at her and said "But what about all of the signs and pins?" She said (no shit) "We're trying to generate excitement." In my haze of shock and disappointment I said "I guess I'll take the crepes then." The waitress said "Hold on a second." and disappeared into the kitchen. She came back and said "We don't have them either." Completely defeated I ordered the chocolate chip pancakes (which they actually had).
I never thought the day would come where I would consider chocolate chip pancakes settling.

Buck

posted by Torrie at Wednesday, July 20, 2005 |

7 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Cindy:


Have you tried IHOP's Funnel Cakes yet? Yummy.

I hope you're doing okay!


6:41 PM 
Commented by Blogger Bente:


That dog is gorgeous!


8:37 PM 
Commented by Blogger c:


That's when you put a $50 bill on the table and say, "Oh, no, that's not your tip, I'm just trying to generate excitement."


9:13 PM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


I do 'member that post re: remembering!


11:48 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Misfit - LMAO!

Torrie, this reminds me of a sad night that Jim and I went in a Subway (the only place with its lights still on that night). Jim ordered sandwich A.

"We're out of that," was the girlie twit's response.

Jim ordered sandwich B.

"We're out of that, too," said the twit.

This continued for sandwich C and sandwich D. Finally deciding to cut to the chase, Jim said, "Well, what DO you have?"

Twit waves her arm magnanimously at the menu board and has the audacity to say "Name it!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!


8:43 AM 
Commented by Blogger Closet Metro:


That is one huge-ass dog. I want to give him treats and rub his head.


11:13 AM 
Commented by Blogger Squirl:


I heard that the stuffed french toast was really lousy anyway. There was hardly any filling at all. Your pancakes were probably better. Hope you're feeling better.


7:00 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com