Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Monday, August 01, 2005

Add this to the list of useless information you know about me

I have really wide feet. No, seriously. They are almost as wide as they are long. They are practically square.
Add that to the fact that I don't wear leather and it is almost impossible to find shoes that fit me. Searching for shoes is not fun for me, and I hold my breath every time I pick up a shoe and hope it says "all man made materials."
Living in Manhattan only makes my situation worse. I walk everywhere. When I moved back here a year ago, all of my shoes needed to be reevaluated. Shoes that were previously acceptable because I only had to walk from the car into a restaurant or a store, were now kicked to the curb.
Call me vain, but when I'm walking around town I don't want to wear my workout sneakers (which by the way are men's because they are the only one's that are wide enough for me). The ultimate shoe is both comfortable and attractive. Virtually impossible.
This weekend I found the perfect pair of shoes. No leather, stretchy, good colors, comfortable, stylish,well made, and reasonably priced.



They are so ugly they are cute. Sort of like newborn babies and pugs.

To make me even happier, after I fell in love with them and decided to buy them, I found out they were 20% off.
The husband bought a pair too (different colors). So, now we can be one of those annoying couples who wear matching shoes and suck face in front of every one.

*Bonus- While we were standing at the cash register to pay,I turned around and Laura Linney was standing there. I live in New York, seeing celebrities is not unusual. I just wasn't expecting to see one in a tiny town in Massachusetts.

posted by Torrie at Monday, August 01, 2005 |

9 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


I also have the block Barney Rubble feet. Very hard to be dainty, no?

PS - I tagged you on my site if you wish to participate.


12:42 PM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


happy feet!


12:46 PM 
Commented by Blogger Weetzie:


yay! happy feet!


1:14 PM 
Commented by Blogger Danielle:


Your dog is sopoo cute!! and the shoes/sneakers your wearing I have the same pair in a lighter blue~


1:36 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


As you know, I love my Pumas. So effin' comfy.


2:40 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Gotta love the Dexter "cameo" in this shot.


2:42 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


Congrats on the shoes! And I have a problem with shoes too, cept my feet are really narrow and have a high arch, so if they dont have a strap or enclose my foot all the way, they fall off. Sounds like no big deal, but try being an a stage dancing and having your shoe fly off your foot and smack somebody.

Ok actually, that was always funny.


2:49 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


So you're not one of those women who run around the city all Sarah-Jessica in your spike heels? I knew you wouldn't be. :)

And I love Laura Linney! I might have been a dork if it had been me seeing her.


1:48 AM 
Commented by Blogger Caroline:


I also have freakishly large (size 10), WIDE feet. Thankfully I've never had a boyfriend with a foot fetish.


6:34 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com