Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Monday, August 08, 2005

Tag, you're it

I'm lazy and I was tagged by Southern Fried Girl.

10 years ago: August 1995 - I turned 19. I lived out in the Hamptons for the summer as a mother's helper and had a horrible time. I decided to move in with my boyfriend at the time. I decided to go to culinary school.

5 years ago: August 2000 - I had been living in Boston for one year husband (Then boyfriend, soon to be fiance) had just graduated from college, and was about to start Harvard Med. We moved to a great neighborhood. We were waiting to pick up Dexter (September 1st)from the breader. I was a nanny.

1 year ago: Had been living in Manhattan for about 1 month. Started my business The Multitasking Chef. Ignoring my shoulder pain. Had two dogs. Dexter and a puppy named Bear who I had rescued from horrible conditions when I was visiting my dad in North Carolina. We later gave the puppy to friends who had four kids, a golden retriever, and a huge fenced in yard. He was not meant to be a city dog.

Yesterday: Drove out to Long Island with the husband. Had brunch with the husband's family including my seven month old nephew who I want to swallow whole. Bought a very comfortable desk chair. Tried on 92 things at Old Navy. Only bought four.
Had dinner and hung out with one of my best friends.

Today: Woke up from a phone call from another one of my closest friends telling me that Peter Jennings had died. Walked Dexter. Set up my new desk and desk chair. Ahhhh.

Tomorrow: Hanging out with one of my closet friends who I've only seen twice since her May 27th wedding because she was studying for, and then taking the Bar, and then she left for her honeymoon.

5 snacks I enjoy (but I don't necessarily eat anymore): Wheat Thins- Made with crack, mango sorbet, apples, chips with hummus, any baked good with sugar and preferably chocolate.


5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: The Beatles, Coldplay, Indigo Girls, Dave Matthews Band, Eminem.


5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Start an animal sanctuary. Get a massage every day. Hire a certified physical therapist to be my personal trainer.


5 locations I'd like to run away to: Hawaii, Australia, England, The Caribbean, The Northwest.

5 bad habits I have: procrastination, spending too much time on the computer, watching too much TV, eating too much sugar, leaving my clothes lying around.


5 things I like doing: Reading, cooking, taking Dexter to the park, walking,
anything as long as the husband is with me, making me laugh.

5 things I would never wear: black and brown together, navy and black together, pantyhose, Bras with underwire, leather

5 TV shows I like: Of all time- Seinfeld, Little House on the prairie,Friends, Animaniacs, 90210
Current: West Wing, Simpsons, House, Desperate Houswives, Will and Grace, Scrubs

5 movies I like: American Beauty, Garden State, Wedding Crashers, Coming to America, Dirty Dancing

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Chris Martin, Paul McCartney, Jane Goodall, John Stewart, I can't decide who the fifth should be.

5 biggest joys at the moment: Being married to my husband, having 4 animals who I love, living in Manhattan/my apartment, having my mom back on the east coast, having most of my friends living in the NY area.

5 favorite toys: Computer, I pod, cell phone, camera, my vibrator -haha, just kidding I don't have a vibrator, it's just a dildo.

posted by Torrie at Monday, August 08, 2005 |

12 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Torrie - for god's sake, upgrade to something that takes batteries. Your wrist will thank you.

Um, or so I'm told. I'm sure I wouldn't know...


10:00 PM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


No wonder you're throwing your back out!

ARCHING.


10:26 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


See, if you END your post with mention of sex toys, no one will be able to talk about anything else you wrote, even if it was literary genius. :)


2:33 AM 
Commented by Blogger Joseph:


LOL!!! Ern is right...I'm stuck on the last line and giggling. I wanna come to Manhattan and walk with you and Dexter. We were coming to NYC in September, but now, NOW we're going to San Diego, on the beach for a week.


10:21 AM 
Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


Yeah, I am so glad you did it. :)


10:44 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I got a shout-out!!

And I didn't make any mention of toys.


12:53 PM 
Commented by Blogger Charlotte in Pa:


We should SO be BFF. Very similar taste in music, tv and movies. You USED to be a nanny... I AM a nanny. I'm telling you - the stars are in alignment! It was fun getting to know more about you!


12:56 PM 
Commented by Blogger Weetzie:


Hi Torrie,
I want to help you with the animal sanctuary!
Cute comments guys! ;)


1:33 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I'm honored to be on the same list as Animaniacs and the vibrator/dildo/whatever.

As for the 5th person you'd like to meet- I'm suggesting David Cross, George Carlin, David Sedaris, or Amy Ray. And what about Dooce?

I'd say Mark Hauser, but you already met him.


4:26 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Ooooh, can the fifth person be David AND Amy Sedaris?


9:03 PM 
Commented by Blogger Charlotte in Pa:


I'm pretty sure the 5th person is me. OF COURSE she wants to meet me. 'Cause seriously - who doesn't??


9:32 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I'm sure I don't have to point out to you guys that Dooce just had a nice long conversation about vibrators.


2:00 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com