Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Dirty

A few minutes ago I asked my husband if he would like me to make him some eggs for breakfast.
"No, I'll do it"
My husband was never taught how to cook, but he's always willing to try.
So, I stood in the doorway of the kitchen and watched him beat the eggs with a fork, gently.
Caressing them with the tines.
"No, no, no. You've got to do it hard and fast."
"How?"
"Pretend they're your wife."

posted by Torrie at Saturday, September 10, 2005 |

11 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Closet Metro:


I cracked two eggs this morning. Hard and fast, just the way you like it. ;)


4:08 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Yeah, but if you go too hard and fast, there's always the danger of premature yolking.


4:40 PM 
Commented by Blogger Whyme:


Tee hee...that's funny. Made me want to make eggs and I don't even eat eggs.


10:12 PM 
Commented by Blogger Nilbo:


I just need to know if you prefer it over easy or sunny side up ...

... and if he can't beat your eggs, I'd be glad to poach ...


9:41 AM 
Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


You nasty girl. Now I know why I love ya. LOLOLOL


2:57 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Whip it. Whip it good.


3:04 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


I bet after the eggs, you could put a spatula to good use.


6:09 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Spatula gets all the press, 'cause it's so glamorous, but it's really the whisk you want, maybe combined with a bit of cheese grater if you like it rough.

And few appreciate the subtle magic of the rolling pin. But don't get me started...


8:21 PM 
Commented by Blogger TheStolenOlive:


I'm just wondering... do you put cream in your eggs before you scramble them?


9:19 PM 
Commented by Blogger Torrie:


You guys are getting me all hot and bothered.
Bucky, I'm still removing the splinters.
Future Food, no cream or milk, just water. I've read that cream or milk weighs the eggs down, makes them dense.
The water makes them fluffy.
The best cookbook that explains stuff like that is called The Best Recipe. It's by the people who make Cooks Illustrated Magazine.


9:37 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


WOOOOO, Im coming to your house for breakfast!!!


3:24 AM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com