Monday, September 05, 2005
I took a walk by the ocean.
With every step I pounded my worries into the pavement.
I wanted to feel strong.
I watched the dragonflies dance around me, catching the wind with their wings, not a care in the world.
I saw kids playing on the beach. I hoped they would cling to their childhood as long as they could.
Don't let go.
I licked the saltiness from my lips.
Was it sweat, or was it tears?
I sat down on the rocks and let the water soothe me.
I held the smooth stones who have been here many more years than me.
I was reminded,
LIFE WILL GO ON.
by Torrie at Monday, September 05, 2005 |
Commented by Fuzzball:
- I don't want to sounds gooey gushy here, but Torrie, this is gorgeous. You should put a photo with this poem and sell it. I'll be your first customer!
Love ya, sug :)
- 11:46 AM
Commented by Charlotte in Pa:
- Beautiful, Torrie... heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time... I FEEL this poem. Thank you.
- 2:11 PM
Commented by JessicaRabbit:
- How ya doing baby? That was very lovely and I hope your feeling better..
- 4:18 AM
Commented by Danielle:
- that was beautiful, deep.
- 8:50 AM
Commented by Weetzie:
- how are you today, Torrie?
- 10:16 AM
Commented by Random and Odd:
- 5:32 PM
Commented by Buck Rogers:
- CRASH: Buck's Roommate here, Tony
Buck told me to donate to Southern Gurl fund. I will soon I promise. This is awsome that you are doing this
- 7:59 PM
Commented by Ern:
- The ocean can be so frightening at times, and incredibly healing at other times. Beautiful poem. *HUGS*
- 1:03 PM
Commented by Annejelynn:
- this is a wonderful post - thank you Torrie!
- 3:42 PM
Seriously, leave me a message! .
TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...