Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Monday, September 05, 2005

I took a walk by the ocean.
With every step I pounded my worries into the pavement.
I wanted to feel strong.
I watched the dragonflies dance around me, catching the wind with their wings, not a care in the world.
I saw kids playing on the beach. I hoped they would cling to their childhood as long as they could.
Don't let go.
I licked the saltiness from my lips.
Was it sweat, or was it tears?
I sat down on the rocks and let the water soothe me.
I held the smooth stones who have been here many more years than me.
I was reminded,
LIFE WILL GO ON.

posted by Torrie at Monday, September 05, 2005 |

8 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Charlotte in Pa:


Beautiful, Torrie... heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time... I FEEL this poem. Thank you.


2:11 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


How ya doing baby? That was very lovely and I hope your feeling better..


4:18 AM 
Commented by Blogger Danielle:


that was beautiful, deep.


8:50 AM 
Commented by Blogger Weetzie:


how are you today, Torrie?


10:16 AM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


*hug*


5:32 PM 
Commented by Blogger Buck Rogers:


CRASH: Buck's Roommate here, Tony
Buck told me to donate to Southern Gurl fund. I will soon I promise. This is awsome that you are doing this


7:59 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


The ocean can be so frightening at times, and incredibly healing at other times. Beautiful poem. *HUGS*


1:03 PM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


this is a wonderful post - thank you Torrie!


3:42 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com