Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'm in a bad mood today

I just saw a headline referring to the forest fires in California, that read "Flames threaten expensive homes"
Because, you know, it wouldn't matter if they were poor people's homes.

posted by Torrie at Thursday, September 29, 2005 |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Ern:


A couple of years ago they had those TERRIBLE fires all over California. One right across the valley from us destroyed like 3000 homes. They weren't the nicest homes. And the news spent all their time covering this really expensive subdivision in the hills that was threatened, but I don't think any ever burned. And the really expensive neighborhood outside San Diego that burned down.


2:44 PM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


hey girl, you've been officially tagged - Ern got me and now you're it!


11:28 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Well, it goes without saying in today's market that "expensive" describes nearly ALL of the homes in California. Even small, modest tract-houses which were sold for no more than $200K several years ago have fetched up to $500K in Ventura County. (God help any of them that doesn't have fire insurance). This is why I can only afford to rent here. Silly news headlines, be more descriptive, less sensationalist.


12:38 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com