Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Monday, October 17, 2005

I am not making this shit up

I'm in an internet cafe in St. Martin right now. We are having a great time RELAXING, but I just had to tell you the story about our flight here. So, after we took a two hour nap, we decided to listen to the new Dane Cook album on our IPOD. About five minutes after we started listening I noticed a commotion and I saw a flight attendant run by with a medical bag in her hand. I ripped my earphones out of my ears and I turned to the husband who was starting to realize what was happening and I said "GO!"

He bolted from his seat and tried to make his way to the sick woman who was lying in the middle of the aisle unconscious.

He had trouble getting through to her because people couldn't believe he was a doctor. Apparently doctors should be wearing a suit and a white jacket at all times; not the jeans, T-shirt, and sneakers the husband was wearing.

Finally, they let him through and he began to work on the woman. They have a lot of medical supplies on the plane. He took her blood pressure and it was very low. There was a nurse on board helping him. They decided the woman was dehydrated and needed an IV.

As I stood there at the front of the aisle, watching the husband work, beaming with pride, I couldn't believe it when I heard him say the word "IV".

He was leaning over this woman in the middle of the plane all of these people watching his every move. He was squeezed in between the seats in the very skinny aisle. I just couldn't believe he was going to put an IV in this woman, but he did. On the first try. In front of an audience.

He spent the rest of the flight tending to the woman and filling out forms required by the FAA. When we landed he met with the doctor at the airport and handed the woman's care over to him.

The flight crew couldn't thank him enough and they gave us a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne as a show of gratitude. In the cab ride to the hotel I kept muttering "I can't believe you put an IV in someone on a fucking air plane!" The first thing we did when we got to the hotel was take a Loooooooong nap.

When we woke up we decided to have some of the wine the flight staff had given us. When the husband opened the bag that the "wine and champagne" was in he discovered that he had picked up the wrong bag.

This bag was filled with headphones.

Nobody's perfect.


posted by Torrie at Monday, October 17, 2005 |

20 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Candy:


Woohoo for the flight hero!

And Im sure you can make bank selling all those headphones on the black market hahahahaha.


Have fun in the sun baby!


6:01 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


Woohoo for the flight hero!

And Im sure you can make bank selling all those headphones on the black market hahahahaha.


Have fun in the sun baby!


6:01 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Wow! That's so exciting (and I couldnt' stop laughing when I read about the headphones!)

Awesome.


6:59 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Pwah!! What an ending. :)

Your Husband Kicks Ass.


7:02 PM 
Commented by Blogger Sherriatric:


Awesome!

Am I weird that I always secretly hope things like that will happen (not life-threatening situations, mind you) so that peopole will get the chance to be heros?

OK, so I'm weird. Sorry.

Maybe you can exchange the headphones for the wine and champagne on the return flight. :-)


7:05 PM 
Commented by Blogger Bente:


Wow! What a story and what a husband.

The earphones cracked me up.


7:31 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Hey, at least their medical bag wasn't full of headphones.


8:05 AM 
Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


Awww, Dr. Torrie rocks. How fucking cute. What a man.


10:09 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Wow, Holy Moly! He's a hero!

Glad you are relaxing now, have fun! :D


11:38 AM 
Commented by Blogger Caroline:


He doesn't happen to have a younger brother in Ohio does he? No?


5:42 PM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


cheers to you both! nice taste my dear - what a good man!


8:41 PM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


Yea for your man!

So he actually had the audacity to get on a plane without wearing his "YES, I'm really a doctor!" sandwich board? Craziness.


3:24 AM 
Commented by Blogger Nessa:


too cool! And glad you're having a good time RELAXING! Enjoy the rest of your trip!


2:37 PM 
Commented by Blogger Susie:


Bravo, Dr. Torrie! Great story, one for the grandkids ;)


2:40 PM 
Commented by Blogger Nilbo:


Hee. On the bright side, you're married to Batman and you have a lifetime supply of headphones. Hey, could come in handy - some airlines charge for them now.

When you go back to the airport, take the bag o phones, explain about the mix-up, and pass the passenger agent your boarding pass. First class upgrading is pretty much a certainty, and how can that be bad?


7:02 PM 
Commented by Blogger ScottyGee:


You should have shagged that man right in the airplane bathroom! Mile high club and saving a patient. A totally 2 for 1. =)


8:54 AM 
Commented by Blogger Nilbo:


I bow to the towering genius that is Scotty.


7:51 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


good one.. funny


5:01 AM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


This story of Dr. Torrie totally made me cry. I CRIED.

I LOVE YOU DOCTOR TORRIE!

I totally love that beaming pride you had for him.

*HUG*


9:24 PM 
Commented by Blogger Kate B.:


LOL. Cool. Hope you're having a great holiday.


10:58 AM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com