Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Thursday, October 13, 2005

I haven't posted much the last few days because I've been busy cleaning my apartment with a Q-tip.

On Saturday morning the husband and I fly to St. Martin. It will be six days and five nights of glorious nothingness. We will eat, sleep, do the nasty, read, and swim. We are going to try to RELAX. We're hoping we can figure out how to do that. Know of any great tourist attractions in St. Martin? Great. We won't be seeing them, because we will be RELAXING. We will not be doing any touristy things while we are there because usually on vacation we run around like two chickens with our heads cut off trying to see EVERYTHING and by the time we get home from our "vacation" we are exhausted. Seeing an old fort surrounded by a bunch of retirees from Tampa Bay who say things like "Murray! Look at how clear the water is! This is soooo much nicer than Miami Beach" is not my idea of RELAXING.

This is why we will be holed up in our hotel, RELAXING.

When we are done RELAXING in St. Martin we fly to Cleveland because the husband is in a friend's wedding. We are staying at the Ritz (that's where the wedding is). They give REALLY amazing rates to anyone who is staying there to attend the wedding. If you ever want to stay in the Ritz you should just tell them you're with "the wedding". AWESOME.

When we get back to New York Tracy will be in our apartment and the week of "Uh oh. Tracy and Torrie are TOGETHER, hide the children!" will begin. Tracy started a website to chronicle our time together and the three days she will spend in our apartment while we're not there. She will be free to make observations about my apartment to you, internet, without me stopping her, like, "Why are there so many freakin' pregnancy magazines in Torrie's apartment if she is not yet with child???"

I should also mention that Tracy has fixed the kinks on this site that I didn't even know were there because MY COMPUTER SUCKS AND I CAN'T EVEN SEE MY OWN WEBSITE PROPERLY.

Also, several of my blog friends tried to set up my new site for me, but Movable Type defeated them, so I asked (BEGGED) Jon Armstrong to help me. He graciously accepted and hopefully shortly after I get back from vacation, the new site will be up and running.

Ah, getting away from Blogger. Now that's what I call RELAXING.


posted by Torrie at Thursday, October 13, 2005 |

15 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Whoa, you got the DJ Blurb hookup. Your new site will rock so hard it knocks teeth out!
You guys have fun "relaxing" and try not to chafe. ;)


10:48 AM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


"THE" "JON"???? whoa - how freakin' cool is that!?! how did you pull that one? hoW? (note: revealing how will not amount to the harassment of the tre cool Jon Armstrong)


3:12 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


hello, acn i come with you on your relaxation getaway? please? thanks!

no?

darn.

can't wait to see the new site as designed by (gasp) THE jon.


4:21 PM 
Commented by Blogger c:


Dude, Mr. Armstrong? Can I touch you?


4:49 PM 
Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


That is so awesome about the vaca. I am really happy for you. Y'all two definitely deserve some relaxing. :)


7:13 PM 
Commented by Blogger Nilbo:


Sure. Leave me. *sniff* No, really, I'll be OK. *sniff*


10:32 PM 
Commented by Blogger Amanda B.:


Sounds like a blast. Have fun and enjoy yourself! :D


12:55 AM 
Commented by Blogger Ern:


Have fun!

And, dude, that's like 1 degree of separation from the great Dooce herself! And NO degrees of separation from DJ Blurb!


1:24 AM 
Commented by Blogger Meadow:


That's wonderful. Have a great time! :)


9:31 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Ooh, can't wait to see your DJ Blurbopimped site! And enjoy the RELAXING, my friend.


10:14 AM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


Enjoy the relaxing and I expect to see many pictures of you in your tiny tiny tiny swimsuit when you return.

Tiny.


1:03 PM 
Commented by Blogger Torrie:


a) Jon Armstrong is, as expected, a sweetheart, and is doing a great job of putting up with me, the computer moron.

b)Jessica, the hotel we're staying at is on a NUDE beach. What swim suit?


1:14 PM 
Commented by Blogger Candy:


Are you trying to kill me or are you just trying to get me to stow away in your luggage?

Now I expect ten times as many photos.


8:51 PM 
Commented by Blogger Miss Tanya:


I can't recommend relaxing strongly enough. It's the bee knees and all that shit.


4:32 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Cleveland is great. Enjoy.


9:44 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com