Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Saturday, October 01, 2005

OH THE GENEROSITY!

I spoke to Southern Fried Girl about the $150 I raised for her through the donation button in the sidebar. She told me that her home was only minimally damaged in hurricane Katrina and that I should give the money to Amanda B.
Amanda told me that everyone has already been so generous and so we decided to donate the money to a charity that is helping the animals affected by Katrina.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what charity the money should go to?

posted by Torrie at Saturday, October 01, 2005 |

7 Comments:

Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Here's a good link on Petfinder.com that we could use.

http://www.petfinder.com/


11:46 PM 
Commented by Blogger K:


Hi Torrie!

I love that you're doing this, it's such a generous and thoughtful thing to do.

I know these guys could use some donations, they've been working hard in LA and desperately need supplies.

http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/NEWS/NEWS.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for more donation info. I admit I got a little teary when I first heard about what they're doing and what they're seeing but they're amazing.

Just an idea!


3:59 PM 
Commented by Blogger K:


Seriously?! That's amazing! I just sent them a letter like they mentioned on the site since I'm short on $ this month and can't donate yet. What a coincidence that you know them!


5:58 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I dont have anything to add about which charity, just a comment on thoughtful you are and what a beautiful soul you have.


7:45 PM 
Commented by Blogger Caroline:


My cousin works with Food Not Bombs. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I do know they don't have any overhead, so everything goes to helping people. They're still helping people affected by Katrina. If you wanted to help out the animals you could give it to the ASPCA. That's all I can think of.

www.foodnotbombs.net


10:18 PM 
Commented by Blogger Annejelynn:


Safe Haven or the ASPCA?


12:52 PM 
Commented by Blogger Weetzie:


Oh that is sooo nice of SFG! In addition to the places already mentioned there is also The Humane Society, and BestFriends.com.
I just checked out the Pasado site that Kay-see posted a link for and it certainly looks like they are doing wonderful things and RazDreams can vouch for them too! :)


3:32 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com