Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Monday, October 10, 2005

Sweet dreams

I love my husband. I really do. But, there's something about him that really annoys the shit out of me; His ability to sleep.

First of all, he falls asleep about five seconds after his head hits the pillow. I, on the other hand lie there for an eternity trying to push all of the thoughts of the day out of my head, tossing and turning, while a cat sleeps on my head.

Once he is asleep he likes to further torture me with the following tactics:

Step one- Blow tufts of air out of his big pillowey lips, which makes a little sound. It's almost as bad as Chinese water torture.

Step two- Bend knees, feet flat on the bed. Due to the fact that he is sleeping, his legs begin to sway back and forth.

It is at this point that I sweep kick his legs which simultaneously stops the leg swaying and the lip sounds.

He wakes up, changes position, and falls right back to sleep with no memory of my military tactics.

I finally fall asleep only to be woken repeatedly by the dog having a dream, or the baby next door crying, or one of the cats standing outside my bedroom door screaming because she hasn't eaten in a whole TWO HOURS.

Come on people. I'm STARVING out here.

The husband, of course, sleeps through all of this.

Bastard.

posted by Torrie at Monday, October 10, 2005 |

10 Comments:

Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


In my relationship, I'm the one who sleeps peacefully - L is the insomniac!


12:27 PM 
Commented by Blogger Sherriatric:


Damn those easy sleepers! Damn them all!


1:16 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


My husband feels the same way about me...I immediately fall asleep and "breathe deeply". He said it sounds like I'm sighing all night long and he can't stand it. He resorts to the "military tactics" and pushes me over. I wake in the morning, unaware of all of this. I tell him, "If you'd just sleep at night instead of listening to me, then we wouldn't have this problem..." He isn't amused.


2:51 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


You could always stuff his mouth with a sock, duct tape his legs..and arms for good measure, then take a shot of nyquil, and your All. Good.

I hear ya, I'm a VERY light sleeper, and I can hear the kids in the next room, when they aren't kicking me out of my own bed.


8:02 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


The breathing sound would drive me nuts!!!


10:12 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


My husband does a very similiar routine. Why DO guys fall asleep so easily??


11:21 AM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Two words: shock collar.


6:21 PM 
Commented by Blogger Nilbo:


Listen to Bucky. She knows of what she speaks. I still have the rash from the collar. I'm not sure what HER rash is from ...


11:20 PM 
Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


Two more words:

ear plugs.

They are the ONLY way my husband has survived many a night.


10:58 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


I think I'm sleeping with your husband. HA! That came out wrong!!! I meant, my husband does the exact same thing, but add in horrible, alien-sounding burp-snores. Uuurrrgghhh.


9:04 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com