Support Your Fellow Blogger!

    BUY MY STUFF AND I'LL DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY!

    Buy my Photography Stuff!

    Do you like me? Help me buy my dream camera, the Nikon D70!!

    Email me!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Torrie. Make you own badge here.

    Credits

Friday, August 05, 2005

I know you think you have the best husband, but no, seriously, I do.

So last night my husband drove me 2 1/2 hours to Hartford, Connecticut.
Not until we passed through the turnstile and he handed me my ticket did I realize we were at a Coldplay concert.
I burst into tears.
Let me explain:
I have seen a lot of bands in concert but, I don't think I've ever wanted to see a band as badly as I wanted to see Coldplay.
I tried to get tickets to the shows in New York, but they sold out too quickly.
The husband knew that we wouldn't get home until very late, and he was willing to make the sacrifice for me. We went to sleep at 3am and he had to wake up at 6am.
Coldplay's music speaks to me. I feel like their music was made for me.

I'm always a little nervous when I see a band in concert for the first time. Will they live up to my expectations? Coldplay exceeded my expectations.
I could not have enjoyed the concert any more. It was perfect.
They even closed with my favorite song, Fix You.
For those of you who have never heard it, here are the lyrics. It's easy to see why, with all of my medical problems, and several people close to me having cancer, why I love this song. I have tears in my eyes every time I hear it.

Fix You

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And High up above, or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try, you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Light will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears streaming down your face
When you lose something you can not replace
Tears streaming down your face
And I....

Tears streaming down your face
I promise you I will learn from your mistakes
Tears streaming down your face
And I.....

Light will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

I took a total of five 90 second videos last night. See them here.

I still can't believe I was actually there. It was very surreal.

Dreams really do come true.


Thank you Dr. Torrie for the best birthday present I've ever gotten.

posted by Torrie at Friday, August 05, 2005 |

11 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Elizabeth:


I am also a Coldplay fan and am very jealous. What a wonderful surprise. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself.


2:28 PM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Best song they've done yet.

Thanks for the video, since I too couldn't get tickets. I have seen them before, though, so I guess you deserved it. Sigh.


2:30 PM 
Commented by Blogger Sarcomical:


ooh, that makes me even more excited to go to the one here. how sweet was that?!?


3:11 PM 
Commented by Blogger kimmyk:


Not a big Coldplay fan..(don't stone me) but, I can appreciate a great surprise and a wonderful, thoughtful husband.
Kudos to you!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday.


3:22 PM 
Commented by Blogger Random and Odd:


I love Dr. Torrie.

You're right, he wins. If I ever marry Shaun though...you have a run for your money!!


5:28 PM 
Commented by Blogger c:


So sweet!

Glad you had a great time!


6:49 PM 
Commented by Blogger Unknown:


That is a truly wonderful surprise! I'm so glad you had a great time!


9:57 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


Dr. Torrie kicks ass, and don't ever let anybody tell you different.

A man who will go out of his way to take you to a concert you desperately want to see...you can't even begin to know how that speaks to me. I got me one of them, too.

I was re-reading your concerts list. Makes me wanna do a list of my own like that...I know I would leave so many off, Jim and I have been to a huge number of shows over the year. I've also thought about photographing my mounds...of ticket stubs, that is. What did you think I meant?


10:20 PM 
Commented by Blogger Weetzie:


such a sweet man...you are LUCKY in capitals!


11:38 PM 
Commented by Blogger Katy Barzedor:


What? Torrie got lucky? And didn't blog about it?

Hmmmmph.


4:40 AM 
Commented by Anonymous Anonymous:


Awesome! And hey, happy birthday, girl!


7:12 PM 

Seriously, leave me a message! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

coding by Mela, designed by Kristine!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com